Saturday, February 09, 2008

Fun with figure drawing

So the other night we had a weird male model in figure drawing. He was this big fat guy who got in all these feminine poses! I was working hard on making him appear masculine, even making him all angular and such. Here's an example:



But he just kept prancing around like Cinderella at the ball... Except Cindy seemed to not only lose her dress, but also actually turn into a pumpkin herself! At the end, I decided to see through the globs of fat and draw him as he imagined himself to be:


Isn't that so much nicer?

You might make the argument that he only looks better there because I made him thinner... but here's another lady-version of him!


And here are two versions together, just for fun! Had a bit more time during that pose:


Overall, I had fun with it all. Actually drawing him as a woman helped me relax and loosen up and even my man-drawings of him got better! :)

3 comments:

Renee said...

haha I love this. Just because it is true that you can sometimes see the person someone desires or thinks they look like inwardly, and you decided to take it out of them and show it! Or flaunt it, rather hehe.

froooom anay ray <33

Ashley Boyd said...

Where have you been all my life~?

No seriously, we need to, like, go out or something.

Nice figures by the way. Very loose and gestural.

SHM who's who said...

You have been added to the SHM directory blog. http://shm-directory.blogspot.com/ If you do not wish to be on the list, please reply with “no”. Thank You.